Friday, August 12, 2005

Huntin' Spiders

It has been ... meow .. very warm here lately. Not ... purrr.. the usual rainy weather, Washington is famous for. Meow... meow .. In the shop where we work, the floor is nice and cool. ... purrr... I like sprawling out on it to cool off. When I get bored with that, I go on little adventures... meow.. purr... around the shop. The cabinets ... meow... are just high enough that I can squeeeezzeee myself under them. ... purr... meow.. Mom tells me to not go under them. She is such a party pooper. >^._.^<

I, of course, being a cat, do my own thing .. meow .. and wander off on a spider quest. Spying one on the wall, .. purr.. meow... I pounce over and give it a swat with my paw. .. mew.. It scampers, trying to climb out of my reach. I tap it again, and it falls, just a ways, down the wall. This is fun! ... so I give it another swat ... oooppsss ..this time it catches hold of my paw... startled I jump back. .. meeoowww... That crazy critter lands on the floor beside me and sits there for a moment, stunned. Being brave, .. purrrr.. I tap it once more, carefully though so it can't latch on again. WooooHoooo! that did the trick. Lightening fast, thinking it can out smart me, it runs for under the cabinets. Little does it know that this kitty can squeeezze under there in hot pursuit. Ha!! can't get away from me that easily. ... meow .. purr.. I suppose it is quite a sight to see my furry little hiney sticking out of the cabinets with my tail a swishing back and forth. ... meow.. Those eight legged creatures will not get the best of me. yummmm, a tasty little morsel of a snack... purrrr...

Huntin' spiders is loads of fun but is hard work....(yaaawnnnn... strreettchh) and as a cat ..meow.. I also need to get in my naps and a good tummy rub is a bonus ... purrr... purrrr... I make sure mom is at her busiest time and jump up on the desk in the middle of her papers. ... meow... she likes it when I stand in front of the computer and just look at her. I cock my head slightly to one side and start purring loudly.... as if to say... Look at me Mom... look at me!! ....purrrrrr....purrrrr... I know she likes it cause she always tells me to lie down... see, she wants me to stay up there with her. ... meow ... mew... she always asks me where I have been and tells me I have stuff in my whiskers. (well of course I have stuff in my whiskers, silly, I just dusted the underside of the cabinets) And then, she thinks she has to clean my whiskers.... meow... doesn't she know that cats are very capable of cleaning their own whiskers... mew... thank you very much. But ... meow... she insists on swiping at my face to remove the cobwebs from my long white bristles. I keep pulling away from her ... you'd think she'd get the message... but noooo ... so I turn over with my back to her and curl up for a nice snooze. This seems to do the trick .. purrr... and she goes back to her work and lets me drift off to dream of my next adventure.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home