Sunday, August 21, 2005

New Kit on the Block


I came to live with Mom in June, 2004. For one and a half years before this time, I lived with Leah and her family. My sister Cleo was there too. Then one day, Mom and Dad came with a carrier and packed me up, put me in the car and we drove for a long time. I cried the whole way... meow... meow... They, of course, tried to comfort me, telling me it was alright. Easy for Mom to say, she hadn't just been taken from her home and put in a strange car with someone they didn't know. Well, I guess I shouldn't say I didn't know her, cause she had been to the house a couple of times and held me in the past. She was always really nice and loving. But still a stranger.... meow... meow...

After a long drive, we finally stopped. The surroundings were unfamiliar to me and I was scared. Mom told me we were home; "this is your new home", she said. I'm thinking, I don't want a new home, my old home was just fine. When we got in the house, she sat the carrier down on the floor in the living room and opened the door. I just stayed in my carrier, not moving. I was safe in there. She tried to coax me out but to no avail. I am not moving, I thought. There were other kitties there, too. But I couldn't see Cleo. Where was my sister?? I inched to the opening of the carrier sniffing all around. The other kitties were just as curious about me as I was about them, coming closer to the carrier to get a better look at the new kit on the block.

After a while, I stepped cautiously out of the carrier onto the carpet, and made a bee line to the nearest cubby hole. It just happened to be inside the TV stand, behind a cat statue. I was safe once more, hidden behind this stout protector.... purrrr.... I peered out from behind my guard as Mom kept calling to me to come out and the other cats came over to peek in at me. I gave them my most ferocious growl to tell them to Back Off!!.... grrrrrr... they must be deaf .. they didn't back off but kept peering in at me. Mom took my white ceramic friend away, still telling me everything was alright, and added a blanket to comfort me. The blanket was welcomed, I was scrunched as far back as I could get, in a corner of the cubby, and I buried myself under it...purrr.. purrr.. Mom told the cats to leave me alone and this is were I stayed for the next few hours, comforted by my new "cave".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home