Monday, August 22, 2005

The Death of Caesar....

... the birth of Kodiak.

For a year and a half, my name was Caesar. When I came to live with Mom, she decided that name didn't suit me any longer. Over the next few days, she thought and thought, searching for the purrfect name. Now, as names go, I thought Caesar was alright. I guess she thought...new kitty, new home, new name.... meow... Talk about your identity crisis!!...meow.. meow. I became Kitty or Baby Boy, while Mom pondered what to call me. I don't remember her ever calling me Caesar once, since coming to live with her. It was a week or so before she decided on a name. In the meantime, we played and I got used to my new surroundings, still not quite sure what to think of the other kitties or my new home.

I liked playing with the feathers that were attached to a long strip of furry material. Mom would make them jump across the floor and fly back and forth in front of me. I would pounce on them and capture the prey. I would leap and fly through the air after this strange bird. It was a lot of fun. Sometimes she would hold it up, just out of reach and I would stand up on my back haunches, with both front paws waving in the air like a big bear. She would laugh and tell me how cute I was. Of course, I loved the attention and would do it on every occasion I could. This, no doubt, is how I became Kodiak, named for the bear like antic I would perform...purrr

Now that I have a new name, I thought nothing else could possibly change..... that's where I was wrong... meow ... meow ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home